Salon deZEN is proud to announce our stylist Olivia Hill has been trained and certified in Microblading!
Olivia started at deZEN in 2015, since then her dedication to learning new techniques and practicing the latest trends in the beauty industry has helped her grow into a fantastic cosmetologist. She is here to help you achieve your beauty dreams!
What is Microblading?
Microblading is the manual application of a semi-permanent eyebrow tattoo with a specialized tool designed to mimic real hair, the results are completely natural in appearance and virtually undetectable. The pigment is applied into the surface layer of the dermis using sterilized tools. The pigment is chosen during a comprehensive consultation to assure that it matches your natural hair or eyebrow color. The Treatment is performed with disposable sterile tools, and pigments are applied in accordance with the highest standards.
What to expect
A Microblading procedure normally requires multiple treatment sessions, clients will be required to return for at least one re-touch appointment. This will take place between 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure. Those with oily skin may require an additional touch up. Please be aware that color is extremely dark during the first 5 to 7 days. 7 days later, it loses 40 to 50% of its intensity. If you think the colour is too dark, do not try to remove it yourself by any means. Patiently wait 7 days for the colour to fade on its own after the healing of the skin.
The following treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
Although numbing cream is used during the procedure, slight sensitivity/discomfort may still be felt by sensitive clients. Delicate or sensitive skin may be red and/or swollen after procedure.
· Please do not wear your normal makeup on the day of the procedure.
· Please do not drink alchohol 24 hours prior to the treatment.
· Where possible, try to avoid the following herbs and spices prior to your appointment: Black Pepper, Cardamom, any member of the Zingiberaceae (Ginger) family, Cayenne, Cinnamom, Garlic, Horseradish, Mustard.
· A patch test will be performed, unless waived by client.
· Any brow shaping using waxing should be performed at least 48 hours before the procedure.
· Electrolysis treatment should be undergone no less than 5 days before the procedure.
· AHA products and retinoids should be avoided no less than 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
· Exfoliating treatments such as microdermabrasion should not be performed within 2 weeks prior to procedure.
· Chemical and laser peels should be avoided no less than 6 weeks prior to procedure.
· Please wait 2-3 weeks if you have had Botox injections before microblading.
· People undergoing Chemotherapy are not good candidates for Microblading.