What to Expect
A Microblading procedure normally requires multiple treatment sessions, clients will be required to return for at least one re-touch appointment. This will take place between 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure. Those with oily skin may require an additional touch up. Please be aware that color is extremely dark during the first 5 to 7 days. 7 days later, it loses 40 to 50% of its intensity. If you think the colour is too dark, do not try to remove it yourself by any means. Patiently wait 7 days for the colour to fade on its own after the healing of the skin.
The following treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
Although numbing cream is used during the procedure, slight sensitivity/discomfort may still be felt by sensitive clients. Delicate or sensitive skin may be red and/or swollen after procedure.
· Please do not wear your normal makeup on the day of the procedure.
· Please do not drink alchohol 24 hours prior to the treatment.
· Where possible, try to avoid the following herbs and spices prior to your appointment: Black Pepper, Cardamom, any member of the Zingiberaceae (Ginger) family, Cayenne, Cinnamom, Garlic, Horseradish, Mustard.
· A patch test will be performed, unless waived by client.
· Any brow shaping using waxing should be performed at least 48 hours before the procedure.
· Electrolysis treatment should be undergone no less than 5 days before the procedure.
· AHA products and retinoids should be avoided no less than 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
· Exfoliating treatments such as microdermabrasion should not be performed within 2 weeks prior to procedure.
· Chemical and laser peels should be avoided no less than 6 weeks prior to procedure.
· Please wait 2-3 weeks if you have had Botox injections before microblading.
· People undergoing Chemotherapy are not good candidates for Microblading.